How We Took a High-Ticket Offer From -$55,536 Net Loss to an Astonishing $751,307 Net Profit In Just Five Months Using Facebook Ads

Are you looking for ways to take your Facebook ad campaigns to the next level? Are you seeking strategies that will help maximize your return on investment (ROI) and increase profitability? If so, then this blog post is for you.

Led by high ticket coach, Douglas James, Amped Local specializes in helping people create & scale a successful local lead generation company.

This company uses innovative lead generation systems to create passive income streams for their customers and has helped create multiple seven figure entrepreneurs.

Amped Local sells high ticket programs ranging from $10k all the way up to $50k for their exclusive VIP mentoring.

Paired with our Facebook ads agency, we have been able to do some really great things together.

Today we’ll be discussing three key strategies that helped them go from a negative $55,536 profit to an astonishing $751,307 in just five months with their high ticket offer.

The Challenges

They were getting a lot of unqualified leads on the phone that were very difficult to close because they were either really poor fits or didn’t have the financial resources to invest.

There was no process in place to actually track how many qualified leads they were getting versus unqualified leads.

This led to inefficient optimization on the ad platform and lack of clarity around making media buying decisions.

There was also a lack of clarity around which ads were producing the best results.

They needed to be able to see at a high level which ads were producing the most fruit and have an individual breakdown of how each one was performing.

Without knowing which of your ads are doing the best, you are sure to make a lot of budgeting mistakes which lead to less profitability than you’d otherwise be capable of.

Lastly, there was too much creative testing happening in the account

There’s a rule we follow with ad accounts where you use 80% of the budget on what’s working and only about 20% on testing.

When you have more or less on either side it creates an imbalance and often leads to unprofitability.

Continue reading to find out how we tilted the scales and maximized their profitability using Facebook ads.

The Solutions

(1.) Optimizing their ad account based on cost per Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) instead of cost per booked call

(2.) Using a creative tracking sheet to identify the metrics for each of our individual ads and which ad creatives work the best

(3.) Allocating 80% of their budget towards the creatives working the best while testing new ideas with the remaining 20% 

Through these strategies we were able to help them achieve massive success! Read on to find out how these simple yet effective strategies can take your business’s success up several notches!

Strategy #1: Optimize Based on Cost Per Marketing Qualified Lead (CPMQL) Instead of Cheapest Cost Per Booked Call (CPBC)

MQL stands for ‘Marketing Qualified Leads’ - i.e., leads who are more likely to convert because they’ve already shown some interest in your brand or product.

By optimizing based on MQLs instead of Cost Per Call, you ensure that every lead who is driven to your site through an ad has a higher chance of making a purchase.

This approach also allows you to track the performance of your campaigns more effectively and accurately.

It also lets you see exactly which ads are bringing your sales people the best quality leads.

So when you start putting more budget towards these ads you can sleep better at night knowing that your salespeople are getting paid and showing up to each call with confidence and enthusiasm that they can close this next lead.

The way that we set this up is by scoring each and every lead based upon how they answer the application questions. This then adds up to a score which determines if they are a Non Qualified Lead (NQL), Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL), or Super Qualified Lead (SQL).

This gives us the ability to (1) send our leads to our MQL dashboard and (2) only send qualified leads back to the pixel.

Here’s an example of how we score leads internally for our own agency:

When leads fill out the application in the funnel, we have set up a conditional redirect based on their responses. Basically we’ve determined a marketing qualified question such as “Do you have the financial resources to invest?” and put it on the application.

When people answer with something like:

I have the financial resources to invest.

This is a Super Qualified Lead and leads who answer with this get sent to Thank You Page 1

I have access to financial resources to invest

This is a Marketing Qualified Lead and leads who answer with this get sent to Thank You Page 2

I DO NOT have access to financial resources to invest

This is a Non Marketing Qualified Lead and leads who answer with this get sent to Thank You Page 3

Here’s what the entire workflow looks like!

You’ll notice that only MQL and SQL boxes have lines drawn to the pixel. This is how we segment our MQL & SQL data so that our NQL data doesn’t get sent back to the pixel.

Having three separate pages like this makes it very simple to set this up because all we have to do is put the pixel code on the pages we're sending qualified leads to.

Strategy #2: Use a Creative Tracking Sheet to Identify Which Ad Creatives Work Best

Every single client we work with gets a dedicated data analyst that pulls all of the numbers for every single creative we run, which then allows us to see which creatives are not only bringing in cheaper leads and booked calls, but ultimately creatives that are bringing in highly qualified booked calls that convert.

What most agencies and marketers get wrong, is they focus on creatives that are bringing in the cheapest leads or cost per booked call, without tracking all the way through the funnel, which is a major mistake.

When you have a high ticket program like Amped Local’s, you need to make sure the majority of your booked calls can afford your services, or you will be wasting ad spend & your salespeople will churn due to the inability to close them.

That’s why it’s a must that you have a marketing qualified lead process setup and you’re tracking every single creative’s cost per marketing qualified booked call & ROI all the way through the funnel.

Amped Local’s high ticket program starts at $10,000, and they also have a $25,000 & $50,000 program, so we knew we had to focus on the marketing message we were using to bring in new leads, as we needed people who could afford these higher end packages.

After working with our creative data analyst we found the top 5 performing creatives for the entire year:

This means no more wasted budget on ads that are sucking up all your resources and not producing fruit for your business.

It also means that you’ll know with great certainty that where you’re putting your money is worthwhile.

Strategy #3: We rolled out our 3-Phase Process for Rapidly Testing & Scaling New Ads

This is a simple yet effective strategy used by many successful businesses - allocate 80% of your budget towards proven ads and use the remaining 20% for testing new ideas. This approach ensures that you continue to generate leads through proven creatives while also experimenting with new ones without risking too much of your budget on them.

This concept follows the pareto principle and is an obvious rule that many agencies and media buyers overlook. Why would you put just as much or the majority of your resources to ads you don’t know work?

The truth is that you need to be putting the majority of your resources into what’s working the best NOW and only ‘some’ of your resources towards finding what’s going to work in the future.

Amped Local’s Results

April 1, 2022 – September 30, 2022




Total Revenue


Net Profit

When we implemented these strategies for our client, they boasted some pretty phenomenal results! They were very satisfied with achieving $751k in profit even with a similar Cost Per Booked Call than they were getting before.

The difference was that now over 65% of the booked calls they were getting were with qualified prospects.

With a similar CPBC (cost per booked call), we cut their cost per sale from $4,307.11 to just $2,774.12 as well for an overall decrease of 35.5%.

Amped Local is now thriving with their Facebook ad’s performance and we are excited to bring them their reports every week.

Book Your Strategy Session With Our Team Of Experts

How Client Accelerators Increases Lead Quality For Maximum Profitability

The secret behind our success at Client Accelerators is our love of data. One data point in particular we saw as a huge opportunity in the marketplace is lead quality.

Tons of businesses across every niche talk about the problem of talking to poor quality leads over the phone and if they could “just get on the phone with their perfect customer” that they would close 50% of the time.

Well the way that we increase the amount of qualified leads for our clients is by:

(1.) Setting up a tailored questionnaire to determine MQL status

(2.) Placing that questionnaire in the funnel so inbound leads are filtered out

(3.) Sending those leads and their information to a personalized MQL dashboard

(4.) Integrating the MQL dashboard and Hyros to be able to easily identify where the leads came from (Learn more about Hyros here)

(5.) Optimizing every single campaign based on the Cost Per Qualified Booked Call instead of Cost Per Booked Call

Harness the Power of Facebook Ads With Client Accelerators

We hope this article gives you greater insight into how these three strategies can take your business’s success up several notches.

Implementing these tactics will help ensure a positive ROI, increase profitability, and ensure that you remain competitive in the ever-evolving digital landscape.

By implementing these three tactics – optimizing based on cost per MQL instead of cost per booked call, using a creative tracking sheet to identify which ad creatives work best, and allocating 80% of your budget towards those creatives while testing new ideas with the remaining 20%, we were able to help Amped Local achieve massive success!

We know that running a successful Facebook ad campaign requires more than just throwing money at it – you need to have the right strategies in place to ensure success.

The tactics mentioned above are simple yet effective and will help your business reap great rewards.

If you need more help with optimizing your Facebook ad campaigns, our team of experts is here to help.

We offer comprehensive services such as designing tailored campaigns based on your business goals, tracking the performance of ads accurately, and an ultrafast support team.

Book a call with us now to find out how we can make a difference in your campaign’s success! 

With the right strategies in place and a little bit of help from our team of experts, you can be sure that your business will reach greater heights. Implementing these tactics will ensure a positive ROI, increase profitability, and guarantee competitiveness in even the most competitive markets. Let’s get started today and take your Facebook ad campaigns to the next level!

Have any questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.  Best of luck and happy optimizing!

Are you ready to take your business to the next level with efficient Facebook advertising?

Join Amped Local and other successful businesses who work with us. Book a strategy session with our team of experts today!